The EPIC Intro!!!

WELCOME, POWER METAL WARRIORS!!!




This blog is dedicated to the greatest thing ever conceived: POWER METAL!!! This music is a shining beacon of glorious light made to slay dragons, create swords shinier than a million unicorn lit suns, and instantly turn anyone into a mighty warrior worthy of taking over a skull covered throne while riding a thunderstorm of rainbows! I'll be updating this blog daily with a review of a different power metal release. In the spirit of this amazing music, I've been inspired to go on an epic quest to review every power metal record ever made! Helping me in my journey will be the warrior elves of the ancient land Pajiosjijpgquhorugeohaphiphgeprajgpisadjg, which mortals refer to as "people who use the website Rate Your Music." RYM has a power metal page featuring an awesome definition of the genre, as well as a chronological list of everything released in that style. So, for those who are new to this type of metal and are wondering what it is, here you go:

"Power Metal is a subgenre of Metal music that developed primarily in Europe in the early 1980s. Power Metal combines elements of both Heavy Metal and Speed Metal, characterized by fast tempos and an emphasis on melody and harmony. The majority of Power Metal bands use soaring clean vocals rather than the guttural or high pitched vocals primarily used in Death Metal and Black Metal. Additionally, Power Metal often incorporates symphonic or classical instrumentation, a similarity that may lead some bands to be considered Symphonic Metal. The lyrics of the genre are often focused on high fantasy or mythological imagery, with specific textual examples such as The Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia. Prominent bands of the Power Metal genre include but are certainly not limited to Helloween, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Stratovarius." (RYM)

According to RYM, the first power metal release is Helloween's Death Metal Demo from 1984. Once I finish my review of that, I'll merely have 8,985 releases left! That's just as of this writing - power metal has been around for almost 40 years and it's still a thriving genre - there were 295 PM releases in 2022, and I'm sure there'll be tons more killer power metal music coming in 2023. That number's gonna be over 9,000 soon. POWER METAL IS IMMORTAL!!!

In my next post, I'll be giving some background on Helloween, a beyond kickass and influential band, and giving my thoughts on the two songs that are on their Death Metal demo tape - or at least I'll try. How can one listen to Helloween, or any of the bands I'll be writing about, without headbanging nonstop? I'll pray to the gods of power metal to give me the courage to take the feathered pen of destiny (my guild of forest fairies and goblin gossipers are helping me bring my writings to the digital realm) and spread the word about these musical masters. Listening to power metal will make you feel like Conan the Barbarian, He-Man, She-Ra, Hawk the Slayer, The Beastmaster and any other sword and sorcery hero you can think of turned up to infinity and beyond. When you have this music on, everything you do will feel like a beyond grandiose adventure. Do chores to it and you'll feel like you're preparing a battlefield for an epic duel that'll determine the fate of the universe!!!

HELLOWEEN AWAITS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helloween (Germany) - Walls of Jericho (Album, 1985)

Raven Payne (United States) - Demo (1987)